QCF level 3 Paediatric First Aid / Ofsted compliant
Who’s it for?
An in-depth course covering all aspects of First Aid for Child Carers – as recommended by the National Childminding Association and Pre-School Learning Alliance. This course is suitable for those responsible for caring for children, such as childminders, nurseries, schools, pre schools and school clubs.
This qualification consists of 2 modules containing both theoretical and practical assessments by the tutor:
Module 1 - Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- legal framework / record keeping
- managing an emergency
- use of equipment / first aid box
- Managing an unconscious casualty and / or in seizure
- choking – adult, baby and child
- managing a bleeding casualty / shock
- Minor injuries
- Multi choice assessment
Module 2 - Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies
- injury to bone, muscle or joint
- head injury
- burns / scalds
- childhood conditions / chronic illnesses
- major illnesses – asthma, diabetes, allergies, seizures
- bites and stings
- electric shock
- extremes of temperature
- multi choice assessment
£600 + plus vat for up to 12 delegates
Onsite course charge which includes a Qualsafe Awards manual and certificate for each delegate:
Add £5 per delegate for accredited certification
Evidence can be provided by a qualified NVQ Assessor for those working towards an NVQ in Childcare & Education.
No refunds will be given for delegates not attending on the day without prior notice.